nothin serious

this blog is all about my life and thoughts...pretty personal but definitely not as personal as it could get. :]

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Marks-A-Lot

psh....that has nothing to do with my post.lol. i'm just sitting here freakishly bored and listening to music!!!!! heck yes. so what is new with all of my readers that i don't have? hehe. nothing is really new with my life. yes, there is a guy that i like and his name me Chris. he likes me, i like him. not going out. ever since i found out that he likes me though he hasn't talked to me. lol. oh well. he already knew that i liked him i guess...:) that's what he said so whatever. um...but i hope all goes well with that. um...what else. i was kinda thinking the other day, i kno! me thinkin??? lol...but really. jeremy and i were talking and this is also something that i has been on my mind a lot ever since my religion became more of part of my life, but anyway. as i was saying, i've noticed that we tend to put down the other religions in our world around us. it's just not right. i always hear, "those Protestants" if i spelled that right..lol. but we shouldn't be putting them down and we shouldn't act like just because we are in the "right" religion we are better than everyone else. I don't know about you but there are MANY people better than me but they aren't an Orthodox Christian. And just because we are in the "right" religion doesn't mean that we are going to heaven or anything.I see religion as a guide to heaven. It's not the answer to any of our problems, God is the answer, but everything that we do depends on OUR decisions, not Gods. God gives us the freedom of choice. It's all up to us to decide. yes, notice that i put "" around right, that's because i question it sometimes. but back to what i was saying. At camp, yes sam at camp, my brother cabin and my cabin were talking to, personally, the best bishop!!! Bishop Thomas :) about death. this subject put a large impact on our lives, we were all scared of it. He talked to us about it and said that yes it's part of life and no we cannot avoid it. (to me it's like a gift from God like everything else) but he told us that when it comes to the Judgement it's our choice to be in heaven or hell, it all depends if WE really want to be with God. Like i said earlier, God gives us the freedom of choice in our lives. we shouldn't put others down or make things up about other people to embarrass them or just to have something to talk about, you kno what i 'm talking about you can't say that you have NEVER done that. a lot of people miss judge me. they think i'm a bored snotty teenager that doesn't enjoy anything but hanging out with my friends and i don't give a shit about my religion or others around me. yeah, part of the time that's true, but that doesn' t make it right to say things that aren't true about me. i don't like it when i hear some of my friends talking about me right in front of my face. I also dont like when people make up feelings that i have about people when i really don't. like example, say sam says that i think Jason is weird or annoying. some people get on my nerves sometimes and i can get paranoid pretty easily. but still, don't make things up about how i feel about people cuz FYI!!!! most of the time your judgements of me aren't true. I seem like a bitch, and yeah sometimes i send that "signal" out to people around me, but most of the time that's because i'm in a bad mood or i just don't really wanna talk to anyone, and no i'm not trying to say i'm a better person than anyone else reading this, i do those things too. I'm saying that i don't like it. and this is the easiest way to tell people that without really really hurting their feelings or starting a conflict. ok, another example. most of the time The gould boys and sam say that i'm lazy and i don't give a shit about anyone but myself. ok how would you like that to be said about you every sunday??? huh??? but i'm done with this blog. think about what i said and give me your opinion. :)

lata!
kenzy

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Robinson said...

Very good. The heart of true Orthodoxy is what the Father's say "Look to yourself, judge no one". Yes, that is hard to do, almost impossible. It is one thing to say "Protestants believe..." as a factual statement, it is another to say "Protestants are stupid because they think that is true..." All of us believe stupid stuff. None of us live up to our religion no matter who we are or what our religion is. You are absolutely correct, we will all be judged by God according to what we know, not what we don't know because we've never been taught. That is what should make us all be careful of judging anyone, we do not know if they are actually better than we are because they are living up to what they know and we are slackers because we've been taught a lot and don't live up to half of it.

Human beings start early judging everyone else. Samuel says "Man looks at the outward appearance but God looks on the heart". We don't know people's emotions or what is going on inside them, that is why we always need to ask and not assume we know what people are thinking. Everyone thinks they know what other people are about, but we don't. If we can love people without judging, even if they seem to be mad or wierd or whatever we might find out they are real human beings underneath.

Realizing all this is easy. Doing it is hard. oh well...no one said being human is easy. :)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about the criticizing. Sometimes we don't have to actually say words of criticism to be putting down another person....it can be in our tone of voice, our demeanor, or our laughter. You're sooooo right.
It gets to be a habit, and it's destructive.
"Set a watch, o Lord, before my mouth, and a protecting door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words, to make excuses in sin." We pray that every week at Vespers.
I'm thankful that both you and Jeremy have brought up the subject in recent days, because it's been helpful to my soul.

Love,
Mom

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home