nothin serious

this blog is all about my life and thoughts...pretty personal but definitely not as personal as it could get. :]

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Early November and something that makes you think....

First off. This is by one of my new favorite bands. They are called The Early November. I actually saw them in concert on Saturday night when I went to another Fall Out Boy concert :D And I have to say. This one was soo much better than the last. Especially since I didn't have my dad with me...no offence daddy. I love having you come...but...yeah I'm not going to explain that. teehee. :D




Mucho Loves.
<3





A compelling or constraining influence such as moral force on the mind or will.

Pressure.

To be undecided or scepticle.

To tend to disbelieve and distrust.

To regard as unlikely.

That's doubt.

The condition of being insufficient or falling short.

To climb in strength or effectiveness.

Failure.

The instinct to run.

To back away or give up.

To need.

Want.

Reach.

Steal.

The feeling to always want more.

And to take more.

The loss of breath at the sight of a car accident.

To drive by.

Never being able to feel satisfied.

And to reject anyone who tries.


This is my life.




<3

That just gives you somthing to think about. Take it into deeper meaning than words. Think about your life. The things you've done. Personally. To others. Thought of. Soak it in as if it was your last breath. And then tell me how it made you feel. Because I know that it made strong emotions come through me that I didn't know I had. I never thought a simple song/reading could make you think so much.


<3
Kenzy

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Robinson said...

Yes, daddies hanging around when you are discovering boys is not a cool thing...especially for the boys. :)
Just don't do stuff that you wouldn't do if your dad is there and you won't need a dad there. LOL!

It is a cool band. The best lyrics are written by poets, and poets are people who see life deeply and can admit what is inside them. The reason we see ourselves in their lyrics is because they are human and so are we. They are probably maybe 20 something years old? But human nature is the same whether you are ten or seventy. Everyone wants, fails, fears, doubts, feels pressures, has things they want to run away from or run to that they know they shouldn't... When you are old mortality is faced every time you take a breath, when you are young you face it in tragic accidents and random violence and self inflicted death because your body is strong and you think you are immortal, but it is all death. Those who grow are the ones who look inside and try to find what it is we human beings really want and what we should really fear, and what we should really believe and really run from and run to. If we don't do that, we will mask the pain with things that kill our souls and make us fake and hollow and shallow and we will lose ourselves and everyone around us. Its hard work to be human. The poets remind us of that. Yeah, this is our life. Its a struggle. And as St. Anthony says, the struggle ends when we breathe our last breath.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 8:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey McKenzie.
This is nicole from camp. This is my first time looking at your blog and I just read this entry. I love The Early November too. I've been listening to them for about a year and they are really good. Anyways, the lyrics in your blog are really meaningful as you said and they have made me think about them for a while. I think that it can make everyone think about their life in a different way if they took the time to read and understand it.

Anyways, I really miss you. I know that things in your life right now aren't going too great so I just want you to know that I'm always here if you need to talk.
-Nicole

Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home